top of page

Exchange visiting scholar

J1 Exchange Visiting Scholar

The J1 Exchange Visitor Visa is for scholars and professionals who come to the United States to participate in educational, research or cultural exchange programs. Applicants need to be accepted by an exchange program in the United States and be sponsored by the sponsoring institution of the exchange program. J1 visa holders can engage in research, teaching, observation or training at academic, research or cultural institutions in the United States. The duration of the visa varies depending on the specific program and can be from a few months to several years.

bottom of page